Chiropractic treatment is not only needed when you have severe or chronic back pain. Oftentimes you can benefit from the non-invasive, all natural spinal adjustments that chiropractic medicine is known for. The leading chiropractic therapy centers in Atlanta and Charleston, SC recommend seeking chiropractic treatment if you experience any of the following:
- Poor or disturbed sleep. Though sleep disturbances can be caused by a host of issues, when it is prolonged and not easily treated with other medical diagnoses, then it is time to try chiropractic medicine. When your spine is out of alignment, this directly and negatively impacts your nervous system. As the body’s control center, your nervous system controls a variety of necessary body functions, including digestion, mood, and sleep patterns. If you have been silently suffering and find that you either have a hard time falling asleep or are unexpectedly awakened from your sleep, then consult with a reputable chiropractor in your area to schedule a back evaluation.
- Recurring headaches that get worse. Debilitating migraines and headaches can make it hard for you to function and adversely impact your quality of life. Taking medication for prolonged periods of time to curb the pain of a headache can make your body more vulnerable to addiction and harmful medication side effects. Chiropractic medicine can be a safe alternative to treat your headaches and get your spine back in alignment to help you feel like yourself again.
- Pain when changing positions. Whether you are moving from a seated position to standing or vice versa, wincing or straining to stand upright can be one of the first signs that you need to visit one of our Atlanta or Charleston, SC chiropractic centers. Having poor posture or spending long periods of time in an uncomfortable position can put strain on your spine and muscles, that over time can worsen and require more aggressive intervention. Struggling to bend over or experiencing pain when completing routine tasks such as tying shoes or lifting items is not a “normal” occurrence and should be checked out by a reputable chiropractic treatment specialist.
- Use mobile devices for extended periods of time. Known as “text neck”, more and more Americans are experiencing neck pain from looking down at mobile devices. Often paired with having poor posture, text neck, if left untreated can lead to muscle strains making it excruciatingly painful to move the head and neck muscles. If you are like most working professionals or students, you may be spending over 7 hours a day with your neck in an unnatural position while you work on your mobile devices. Having regular chiropractic treatments can help to keep text neck at bay and keep your back in the best shape.
- You’ve had trauma to your back. Spinal misalignments occur naturally from the wear and tear of everyday movements. Your back could have experienced trauma and have symptoms and pain that appear and worsen months or years later. Your back health is an important component of your overall health and should be treated as such. Visiting a chiropractor at least every 6 months is a great way to stay on top of and prevent any back pain you may have.
Your back plays an integral role in how your body performs and functions. Why not visit Corrective Chiropractic, for a thorough back health assessment today? As the region’s most trusted practice with Alpharetta, Buckhead, Decatur, Sandy Springs, and Woodstock for Atlanta and Charleston, SC,, we are vested in helping you feel your best.