Your First Visit to Corrective Chiropractic Center
Help is on its way!
You will be warmly welcomed and made to feel at home when visiting one of our offices. For many people, the first visit to a new health care provider is a step into the unfamiliar. Please allow us to give you an outline of what to expect.
- Please fill out your New Patient Paperwork before your first appointment. It will expedite the process while you’re here, and also allows the doctors to go over it ahead of time. No need to print the paperwork off; you will be emailed a direct link to fill it out online. Once you click ‘submit’, it emails us a completed copy, as well as a copy for your records.
- Bring your Driver’s License AND Insurance card, if applicable. We will run your insurance for a complimentary benefits check to see what chiropractic coverage you have, and present those findings to you at your second visit.
- You will be given a highly informative and educational tour that explains how our office is unique than any other chiropractic office you may have seen before.
- The doctor will then proceed with your consultation and examination.
We ask that you do not consume caffeine or exercise at least 2 hours before, and that you dress comfortable for the examination. We recommend that women wear a sports bra or tank top. Please bring a copy of any past CTs, MRIs, X-rays or other relevant test results.
Chiropractic Consultation & Examinations
You will meet the doctor to discuss relevant details of your health. In order for us to gather a complete picture, we may ask questions regarding previous injuries, postural habits, sports, medication usage and results, diet, repetitive stressors, etc. If we think your problem is outside of our expertise we will let you know. Following our consultation, we will then begin our three (3) exams. These exams should take a total of 45 minutes.
- Physical Examination
- Chiropractic Examination
- X-Ray Examination (if necessary).
X-rays are needed to assess and help diagnose certain conditions. We have an X-ray facility within our office to ensure that we get the best possible films in a timely manner.
After Your Exams
Following your first visit, the doctor will review your consultation and three (3) above examinations to determine the health problems, recovery timeline, and cost of care (including insurance coverage). Our Community Wellness Adviser will set up this appointment, what we call Report of Findings, for you. We then give you a folder that includes your results, as well as some information about the practice. We ask that you keep this folder to hold future re-examination documents.