Sitting too much at a computer can bring your menaces in the form of back pain, shoulder strain, and wrist pain. If you are experiencing any of these problems and they are intervening in your daily activities, then you need to visit a Chiropractor in your city, Buckhead, Sandy Springs, Alpharetta, or Decatur. However, before you do that, we want to tell you how you should sit correctly in front of a computer to avoid pains and further worsening of your current condition. Also, chiropractic exrecise recommendations would help those who are not experiencing any pain but sit at a computer for long hours.
There are three main areas where you need to focus on your posture.
This part of your body is responsible to hold your skeleton below your stomach in a perfect state, so you should concentrate on keeping it in the right position. You can do that by following the below-stated recommendations.
- Always sit with your back straight.
- Place your hips in the chair as far as possible.
- Keep your feet flat on the ground.
- Keep your knees just a bit lower than your hips. You can do that by choosing the chair with the right height.
- Adjust the chair at 100 to 110 degrees. If you cannot do it, then place a pillow just behind your area where your back arches inward when you straighten it.
The shoulder girdles are the places which need to be kept in a neutral position. If these places are not kept in the right position, it can, in turn, affect the position of your neck muscles and the upper back, resulting in pain.
In order to save yourself from that, you should.
- Align your shoulders with your back,
- Never slouch forward,
- Keep your neck aligned with your shoulder, and do not keep it in a forward position for long,
- Leave the shoulders to rest naturally without holding them upward or forcing them down.
The hands and fingers
These parts of the body can experience a setback if they aren’t placed rightly. When we use keyboards, we either try to strain our fingers while typing, or place our wrists below the keyboard and let our elbows fall. Both of these positions are extremely detrimental to the health of the muscles and the bones present in these areas.
Therefore, everyone—whether adult or a child—should follow the instructions stated below.
- Keep the keyboard near your body, and directly in front of it.
- Keep your elbows in an open position.
- Remove anything that can reduce the movement of the elbows.
- Do not rest your wrists while typing. However, if you get tired of doing so, then you can use pads for the wrists which are available for a reasonable price in the market. But even while using them, you should make sure that your wrists are aligned with the back of your palm.
As you can see from the above recommendations, sitting properly while working on a computer is not that difficult. Follow these instructions in order to reduce the pain you are experiencing because of sitting for too long. However, if the symptoms prevail even after that, you should see a chiropractor. In Decatur, there are many chiropractors that can help you.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!